Friday, October 18, 2013

2nd Marking Period

#11: Flyer Resdesigned by Alisa Sultan



I used the plastic text effect for the headline which is pretty much working with the blending options to create a plastic looking text. I made the background by using the gradient tool. To add the graphic, I used the copy and paste method. I copied (ctrl c) and then pasted (ctrl v) onto the flyer.
 
#12: Texture with Layer Mode
First, I found a picture of a dress on Google and then a texture picture. I used the lasso to outline the dress. I set the dress as the background and created a new layer with the texture. I had the copy merge on and set the the texture on the dress. I lowered the opacity. Lastly, I added the texts (the addition and equal symbol) to show what I started off with and what I ended up with.


#13: Food Bank Poster
 
Using the steps I learned in the previous assignment, Texture with Layer Mode, I created a mimick poster from Food Bank NYC. I saved a picture of a package of M&Ms along with a picture of berries. I used the magic wand to crop out the portion of M&Ms falling out of the package with the berries. You can not forget the use the Copy Merge button because it will mess up what you are attempting to do. I created a gradient background in a new file. I placed the berry and M&M picture onto the background file. I adjusted the color drop so it catches people's attention. Lastly, I added the Food Bank logo on the side and added some eye-catching texts.
 
 
#14: Halloween Project
I started off by creating a gradient background. On a new layer, I found a picture of a pumpkin. On that, I used the pen tool and outlined the face of the pumpkin including the eyes, nose, and mouth. I made sure to clean up the edges of the pumpkin with an eraser. I started a new layer and named it "Fill." Then I just adjusted the blending options on each layer that I had created. Lastly, I added a text and that was it!

#15a: Flag Displacement
I saved two pictures, one of a brick wall and one of the Guyana flag. I bascially put both of the pictures onto one by unlocking the lock and dragging them onto one. I clicked on filter and adjusted the displace option on the flag layer. I changed the layer to Hard light and changed the opacity.
 
#15b: Flag Displacement with Selfie
Like 15a, I saved two pictures. However, I didn't use a brick wall this time. I used a picture of myself. I unlocked the background layer again which was my face. Then I placed the flag over my face. I arranged it so it would cover my entire face. I changed the opacity. Then, I erased my glasses, eyes, nostrils, and lips.
#16: SMART Filters for Dynamic Adjustments
First, you need to brush the moving object. This assignment was basically working with softening. I had to use soft blurring to make it look like the car is moving.
#17: QUICK MASK
I clicked the brush tool and selected Mila Kunis' hair. I switched the foreground and background color to black and white. I then turned off quick mask mode. I clicked the inverse to fill in the color of her hair. Then, I created a before and after picture to show the difference.
 
#18: SOFT FOCUS Effect
I looked for a picture of a woman with plenty or wrinkles. The goal was to eliminate some of that by softening the look of the skin. First, I added the Gaussian Blur to the background copy which softened the entire picture. After so, I added a layer mask. Then I clicked the airbrush tool and outlined her eyes, mouth, hair, eyebrows, and necklace (pretty much everything that isn't her skin).
 
#19: Flashdrive
I opened Adobe Illustrator. This was the first assignment using Adobe Illustator so it was basically allowing everyone to get to know the software. The main shape that I continuously kept making were rectangles to put together the flashdrive itself. With the rectangles, rounding the corners was something that was necessary to make the flashdrive look appealing.

#20: Wireless Phone
I started off with making a rectangle and rounding the corners. The basics of this phone was knowing how to make rounded corner rectangles. The only difference from Assignment 19, was that we learned how to do the minus front and divide. To divide, make a rectangle inbetween the 2 objects above the buttons. Then just hit the divide button and it turns the 2 shapes into 4 tiny buttons.






No comments:

Post a Comment